Monday 28 February 2011

Poster Draft

This is a computer mock up of my poster. Newspaper posters are incredibly simple and get to the point so this I've kept to this and kept mine very plain and straight to the point. I am going to have a navy (following the house colour of my newspaper) banner at the top and bottom of the poster. The bottom banner will include the name of the newspaper the 'Thanet Messenger' being written in the same font as it is on my front page. This is following the codes and conventions as newspapers use this feature so that the audience will recognise which newspaper the poster belongs to. Along with this the newspapers symbol (a boat) will also be shown alongside the name of the newspaper. I haven't yet decided what will be in the top banner, maybe the website, although i may swap the banners around.
In the centre of the two navy banners and the centre of the page, the main headline of the newspaper is written in large, bold and captivating letters, catching the audiences attention. Having the headline written like this is following the codes and the conventions of newspaper posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment