Tuesday 1 March 2011

Story Plans

I've been keeping an eye on local newspaper stories so that I can write an article that is similar to the stories that are in local newspapers. Although, I'm planning to make my front page article to be out of the ordinary and to stand out.

Main front page story: the main story on my front page is going to be about a boy has been attacked and killed in my local town. This attack is going to be a homophobic attack on an 18 year old boy called James Moore, it will have happened the night that he received his A-level results. I have chosen this story as although it's against the codes and conventions as it is very rare that this sort of incident happens and I haven't seen a story like this, I have chosen to use it as these things do happen and people need to be aware of this. A photo will be included with this article.
Front page story (2): there are going to be two stories on my front page. The second story is going to be about the way in which a Tesco superstore may be getting built next to a block of local flats. The article will involve the views of the locals, along with quotes from professionals.
Second page story (1): on my second page there is going to be 3 articles. The first article is going the inflation of petrol prices in my area, as it was found that it is cheaper to drive to Canterbury and fill up then it is to fill up in a local petrol station. The article is going to include quotes from professionals. This story follows the codes and conventions and it is informing the audience of needed information about their area.
Second page story (2): the second page is going to be looking at both sides of the argument about whether graffiti is art or mess. In my local area, graffiti occurs regularly, some of the public see it as something good that can be used positively although others say that it's ugly. A photo is going to be included with this article.
Second page story (3):the third story on the second page is going to be about the developmental work that is going on in my local town, where 10 new shops are being built along with restaurants and a hotel. Again, the opinions of the public and professionals will be included in the article, this is following the codes and conventions of local newspaper articles. An image is going to be included with this article also.

No comments:

Post a Comment