Tuesday 8 March 2011

'Life & Style' Section

Inside my newspaper I've placed a 'Life & Style' booklet, this will tell the audience about fashion, advice on relationships, horoscopes and their inner self. This section is mainly for the women that buy the newspaper, I've used a female section as from what I've heard from my focus group is that women are more likely to buy a newspaper based on the extras that the newspapers are offering, therefore, by displaying the 'Life & Style' booklet on my front page.
I've placed the advert for the booklet in the banner section of my front page where you're more likely to find adverts for offers in local newspapers and more likely to find this type of banner in a national newspaper, for example, 'The Daily Mail' often does this.
Therefore, I've challenged the codes and conventions of local newspapers. I've done this as after talking to my focus group about what they want from a newspaper, I got comments like this...
  • Danielle - "I buy a local newspaper every week, although, I can find them to be very bland and not give you anything to get you attracted to the paper and are very same, same every week"
  • Michael - "My wife buys us both the local newspaper and the 'Daily Mail', she likes to gain the news from both papers, especially her local news, although, the feature that grabs her attention in the 'Daily Mail' is the way that they offer you features that you don't get in other papers"
Due to these comments, I've given my newspaper a feature that will stand out from others, gaining the audience's attention that other papers wont be able to.
Although, this 'Life & Style' booklet links in with my local area, it does this through featuring opinions and fashion ideas form local shops, the well known brands, like 'New Look' and 'Topshop' and also the one of shops like 'Clothes Boutique', they will also run competitions to win outfits or pieces from their shops. Another way in which this booklet is going to be linked in with the local town is through comments from medians and psychics from Broadstairs, telling the audience horoscopes and other facts that could be affecting their lives. Along with the medians/psychics there will be competitions to allow a number of the audience to win a free session. Inside the booklet there will also be facts about the body, herbal supplement, essentials oils and other products to help and advantage your body, from your local 'Holland & Barrett'.

Each week this booklet will change contents, with tips from different shops about different aspects if life. This booklet will also vary between information for females and males, therefore, it will attract both genders.

No comments:

Post a Comment