Wednesday 2 March 2011

Newspaper Adverts

As I've mentioned before newspaper advertise local businesses to fund their paper, as the businesses pay the paper for the space on the page. It's common for the newspapers to have the same adverts, in the same place weekly, as the paper and businesses form a good relationship. Also, by the adverts being used weekly they get recognised by the public and stick in the publics mind., The public also then know where to look when in need for say a window - 'The Window Workshop' is a local business advertised in my local newspapers. Due to these facts I've followed the codes and conventions and placed four adverts for local businesses at the bottom of my front page. I've designed all of the newspapers myself, althoughthey are very similar to the real adverts used in local newspapers. I've made them to look very similar as the specification was to make the newspaper, and the adverts aren't actually part of the newspaper (produced by them) as they are sent in from the business, so they don't technically act as part of the newspaper. Therefore, I've made them similar to follow the codes and conventions and make my newspaper look realistic. Here I've compared the adverts that I've made and the real adverts.
As you can see, the adverts are very similar, however, a number of changes have been made to stop them being copyright, yet still look professional.
(I apologize for the positioning of the adverts yet I wasn't able to make them go in line)

No comments:

Post a Comment